With talks of recession and rising costs – yet low unemployment – it can be a confusing time for businesses, and you’re likely examining what you can do within your control to be more strategic and ensure the sustainability of your business.
Every business owner faces a tipping point in the journey when they make the decision to transition the business from a passion project, side hustle, or hardly getting by, to becoming a sustainable and profitable business. There’s no right or wrong timeline or set timeframe for how long this transition takes. It simply requires the decision, commitment, and action of the business owners to take that step.
This is what’s happened this last year with a fabulous partnership with the team at Brewhaha Coffee Roasters, as we’ve worked together to help them expand their brand, create more impact, and create a stronger foundation from which to continue growing.
Their results include:
- Increasing online sales overall by 42%
- Increasing the number of online orders by 43%
- Increasing their average order value by 4%
With this foundation in place and a high rate of returning customers, they are poised to continue hitting their growth goals, even through challenging times. If you’d like to learn how to increase your sales and improve your foundation for more stability, read further to find out how Brewhaha did it.
Who is Brewhaha Roasters?
They are a small-batch, artisan coffee roaster that provides customized single-origin coffees and blends. As a sustainably sourced coffee company owned by three teachers living in the beautiful River Valley area in South Central Wisconsin, Brewhaha Roasters and its owners, Matt Snow, Pat Mahoney, and Aaron Holverson provide the freshest ethically sourced coffee roasts while nurturing the communities they serve. Their personalities are as big as their goals, and they continue to expand their business using superior beans grown by farmers who practice sustainable farming methods and provide fair and healthy conditions for their workers.
Their brand authentically exudes fun and humor while supporting local communities and giving to local charities and organizations. They embody everything it means to be an impact-driven brand in business and in the community. They’ve created a culture of coffee lovers, friendship, and a sustainably sourced great cup of coffee.
When Brewhaha came on board, they wanted to expand their impact and sustainably increase their profits, while maintaining the quality of their roasts without over-exerting themselves. This required getting clear in their vision and creating and executing a strategic plan to put the sustainability and growth wheels in motion.
Through a deep dive brand strategy process, Brewhaha learned what makes their brand unique and what their customers truly care about, and we guided them to hone their brand messaging and identity to better attract aligned customers who want quality coffee from an impact-driven brand.
With a strong strategic foundation, we moved into developing and launching a new website and a strategy-driven online social media and digital marketing presence. These combined efforts lead to results like:
Online Orders + Sales:
- Online Sales increased 42%
- Online Orders increased 43%
- Average Order Value increased 4%
- 37% increase in Page Views
- 9% increase in New Users
- 14% increase in Sessions
- 21% increase in Pages per Session
Here are 3 takeaways you might apply to your business to experience more success like Brewhaha:
1. As a business owner, it’s essential to recognize your strengths and gaps. Once you’re clear on where you are, you can surround yourself with people and services that fill in those gaps. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or solicit support from experts to expand your knowledge and give you the space to focus on driving additional growth.
2. Have a consistent strategic plan that aligns with your bigger goals and correlates with your brand vision. Actualizing your dreams starts with a well-defined strategy that breaks goals into small, attainable bites. Small successes provide the continual fuel and momentum to drive your business forward.
3. Utilize digital and content marketing to expand brand awareness, increase your reach, target new customers, and drive sustainable growth with low-investment options.
If you have growth goals to improve your foundational strategy and increase your profitability in 2023, our team may be able to help you go there and beyond.